Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some More Thoughts on Proposition 8

So. . .   I've been keeping my mouth shut, but, I would like to step on a soap box for a moment.

My recent thoughts:

1.  I have heard a lot of people compare the issues with gay rights with the civil rights movement, and to me, they are not the same thing.  In my opinion, being a homosexual is a moral issue, being black isn't.  Now, I'm not saying that gay people are immoral, but, I am saying that being gay goes against my moral values.  Now, please note that I said MY moral values.  Please don't attack me because I have different morals than your own.

2.  I have also heard a lot of talk about how if we are following God's plan, we should love everyone, and let them do what they want, as long as it makes them happy.  OK, so, I do love everyone.  I am not trying to say that anyone is a bad person for what they believe, and I believe that God loves everyone.  But, I don't believe that we can turn a blind eye to something we find morally wrong.  Love the sinner, hate the sin.

3.  There has also been a lot of talk about how this has been a "peaceful" protest of Proposition 8.  And, that is a load. . .   I have seen many videos of people who are protesting Prop 8 where they have ripped items out of proposition 8 supporters hands, and thrown them down on the ground and stomped on them.  Now, to me that doesn't seem peaceful.  Now, I honestly don't know if there has been any violence on my side of the issue, so I'm not going to say there hasn't.

The honest truth is that these are MY opinions.  Get mad at me all you want, yell at me, tell me I'm a closed-minded bigot!  Whatever.  But, the last time I checked, this is the United States of America, and I am entitled, neh, legally allowed, to have my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment