Monday, March 12, 2007

Well, I lost my battle with the vending machine, Friday and today. It's those big pink frosted cookies, they get me every time. :(

K, so a conversation I had Friday night.
"You thought you were smart."
"But then you came to BYU."
"You thought you were talented."
"But then you came to BYU."
"You thought you were spiritual."
"But then you cam to BYU."
"You thought you were attractive."
"But then you came to BYU."
This conversation went on and on for about 20 minutes. I always thought this was pretty funny, but Jen thought it was even more hilarious than I did.
But, you know, it's very true. BYU is a very good school, but it always seems like your best isn't good enough. You're always surrounded by people who are much better at things than you are. I mean, there aren't many people who go to BYU who didn't have a 4.0 in high school. Or who haven't played the piano for, like, 20 years. Or, who were their Laurel presidents. It's kind of daunting sometimes. It's not like other colleges in that way. At other colleges, there are always the people who have parents paying for them, and never do anything, and they manage to basically sleep through school for 4 or 5 years. But, at BYU, if you don't get good enough grades, they put you on academic probation and kick you out if you can't get your act together. Sad, but true.

Anyway. Fun weekend of lots of rehearsal. :) We open on Friday night, and I'm kind of scared about it pulling together. I know it will, because it always does, but, it still scares me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment