Friday, August 17, 2007

OK, so, here's a thought to start out your Friday. They say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions", but, my roommate and I say "the road to hell is paved with justifications."

We came up with this a couple of weeks ago while talking about going to church the next morning. I remember saying something like, "Well, I'll see how I feel in the morning. If I don't feel well, I won't go." And then, it kind of hit us. How often have you made a justification for not doing something you should do? And, at the time, it seems fine. But, small things make a big impact in the long run. I have found, as I make excuses not to go to church, it becomes easier and easier to make them every week. That's just a thought for all you out there.

Also, I have been thinking about forgiveness a lot lately. Heaven knows I'm not very good at it. It is one of my biggest struggles. The Savior said, "Do these things to the least of my brethren and ye do them to me. Do not do these things to the least of my brethren, and ye have not done them to me." For some reason, that really hit me yesterday. So, that means, if we don't forgive people, it's like not forgiving the Savior. How would that be? To do everything right in your life, but to not forgive someone of some petty wrong, and to make it to Heaven and be told you can't pass into the Celestial kingdom, because of that lack of forgiveness. It kind of puts a whole new perspective on things, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment