Tuesday, August 07, 2007

So, it's been an odd couple of months. My last post was in Mid June, and quite a bit has happened since then. Anyone who reads this will note that I deleted that last post, and a couple others that it pertained to. I just didn't want that private part of my life out there anymore, you know?

Anyway, something interesting happened to me this morning. I signed in to gmail, like I do every morning, and I saw a link at the top of the page that interested me. Anyone who uses gmail knows that they post links to recent news stories on the top of the page, and, every so often, I click on one. The one this morning was about a shooting in Newark New Jersey. Four kids, not much younger than I, got shot. Three died almost instantly, and another is in the hospital in critical condition, after being shot in the head. I was reading this at my desk, and I just started crying. Now, I'm a pretty emotional person, and a lot of things will make me cry, but, this just hurt. They interviewed members of the victims families, and I just wanted to be there with them.

So much bad stuff has happened lately in our world. This was just the proverbial icing on the cake. I don't know, maybe I care too much, but, sometimes it's really hard to get up in the morning knowing that it's just going to be another day where something really bad will happen. Most of the time we all just live in our happy little worlds, not even knowing what is going on around us. I guess that what really makes me sad is the fact that, most of us haven't experienced any of these tragedies first hand, but a lot of us are walking around acting like we got the short end of the stick. Maybe I'm not married, but I'm alive, and I live a relatively good life. I have lots of friends who care about me. My family loves me.

The end is near, but, my end isn't.


1 comment: